Monday, October 24, 2016

Picture This: Week 43, 2016.

Obligatory prelude: I've done a picture-a-day project for the past couple years. I usually debate its continuation annually, but it was a no-brainer this year.  This series keeps me posting when nothing else will write itself.  I will be trying to post more regularly otherwise! Besides, as last year, I like it as a part of posting the ordinary and capturing daily life. Check out past posts through the picture-a-day tag.


October 17, 2016

I missed the supermoon Sunday in all the rain.  I was happy to catch it nearly as big and bright on Monday.


October 18, 2016

Copper, posing as a nightmare.


October 19, 2016

It's hard to see, but Henry has taken to sleeping with her eyes open.  It is just as terrifying as you can imagine.  She's totally asleep - snoring, doesn't react to noise - and her eyes are  in a cold, dead stare.  These furbabies are really getting into the spooky spirit.


October 20, 2016

Lasagna dinner with some of our best friends.


October 21, 2016

It's a hard picture to capture, but one of my favorite views in the house is the hallway with this special picture as it lead into our bedroom.  It's even better with a sleepy Henry.  It's so much comfort to me.


October 22, 2016


Our fall decoration is kept to the porch this year.  It's disappointing to not have spiderwebs all about, but the basement is distracting us from any other house attention. 


October 23, 2016


 After suspicious activity for about a month, I finally spotted some individuals wearing camo and carrying a crossbow in our neighboring woods.  Deer culling was recently approved in our city, but I called them anyway because I don't necessarily like having a crossbow so close to my house.  We learned our neighbors have approved their land for approved hunting.  It breaks my heart.  This was the scene Sunday morning - deer peacefully resting and meandering around our yard.  As much as I complain about their destruction, there are ways to work around them.  There are ways to live together, and I've learned to love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...