Monday, July 4, 2016

Picture This: Week 27, 2016.

Obligatory prelude: I've done a picture-a-day project for the past couple years. I usually debate its continuation annually, but it was a no-brainer this year.  This series keeps me posting when nothing else will write itself.  I will be trying to post more regularly otherwise! Besides, as last year, I like it as a part of posting the ordinary and capturing daily life. Check out past posts through the picture-a-day tag. 

June 27, 2016

 Copper was delighted by a little goldfinch pecking on the window.


June 28, 2016

The goldfinch continued at the window for several days, which Copper loved.  I wouldn't repeat solely for this purpose - do you see the baby deer looking on? I also normally wouldn't point that out, but others completely missed it.


June 29, 2016

We were supposed to fly to California at 2pm.  I think 8pm was the revised departure after several delays.  It made for a rough start to the trip.


June 30, 2016

We hiked to the summit of Half Dome.  After a 3am arrival in Yosemite, the 15 mile hike was grueling and I'm not entirely sure how we did it.  It was amazing.   


July 1, 2016

This was our hike to Half Dome.  We started below the back of the second waterfall in this picture, to the top of that mountain.  I'm glad we didn't see this overview beforehand - not visualizing the distance helped us to keep going.


July 2, 2016

Elephant seals! I'm in love with his derpy face.  This is on the Pacific coast, off Highway 1. 


July 3, 2016

McWay Falls, one of a few waterfalls to the beach off Highway 1.  California is magical. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...