Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Yellow Chevron Jute.

We haven't seen the sun in days. I was trying to hold off on taking pictures because if it's not raining, it's threatening to rain, and that means the little light that would illuminate the guest room was even less.  Then I ran out of time, so shadowy pictures result.


We got a rug for the guest room! It's even better than I anticipated and fulfills all of my yellow and grey color combination dreams I had wanted for the bathroom and didn't know how to execute without being too Pinterest. And then I gave up on it

Over Memorial Day, I was hardcore stalking West Elm and their super sale.  I spotted this rug, which I hadn't seen before.  After previously missing out on a mirror that was on final sale, I'd learned my lesson and knew that prices ending in .99 were last call.  When it's gone, it's gone.  The price was right for a 6x9 natural rug, Zach was on board, so in the cart it went. In person, it's more of a warm, greeny yellow than a bright, offensive yellow.


I love that the pattern mirrors the headboard, but in a very subtle way.  Apart from being stylish/decor/whatever, this is practical.  The guest room is always much colder with only one vent on the exterior wall, so I wanted something warmer on just-out-of-bed feet.


In other news, I've smacked painted around the room, so it's only a matter of time before I'm embarrassed by that and paint the room.  It's going to take a lot to build up for the paneling painting. We've also started side tables, so maybe we'll soon offer guests their own bedside lamps! Maybe

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...