Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Floral letters: M.

This turned out much better in my head.  That's a ringing endorsement to continue. 

I wanted a way to preserve and display flowers from our wedding centerpieces rather than having several centerpieces.  The house started to look strange with a floral arrangement in every room, but I liked the memory.  My affinity for letters is still going strong, so I envision a letter 'M' made of the florals and succulents.

It's more of a blob.

I started with a 12-inch papermache letter from JoAnn's. Next, I carefully cut off the top with an exacto knife and removed the bent interior pieces that previously supported the shape.


I filled in the letter with floral foam from the previous centerpieces, not worrying about making them flush because it was late and I was lazy. 


Then I went around sticking the foam with the florals. It was easy and it quickly turned into an unidentifiable letter. 


I stepped back to evaluate and called Zach in several times in this process. There were ample modifications. Maybe the next rendition needs less.  Less wonky pieces flying.  I also bought actual floral foam, so the goal is for the fakes to stick rather than wobble around in previously made holes.  I'll be sure to share when I know it's a success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...