Friday, May 9, 2014

Read This: Volume XIII.

I'm recapping some things I read this week that I found interesting, not to force you, because I can't, but because sharing is caring. This also holds me accountable and keeps me from zoning out on Pinterest every hour, and teaches me how to count in roman numerals.

I'm a little distraught because I read an awesome Buzzfeed article that had all of these cool infographics of the United States and different facts, like favorite bands and gross national product comparisons to countries, but I copied the wrong link and saved the comparison of Frozen to the Lion King. Which is also interesting. I'm still searching, but it's almost as if I dreamed it.


  • My sister sent me this illustrated poem (trying so hard not to say lyrical poet a la Vanilla Ice) about being present. It's impressive, and a message I don't think we hear enough. 
  • Not the same sister, but my sister sent me this video of cops and ice cream. I would be sobbing if I were pulled over (verified from experience), and ice cream might help. I love these stories and role reversals. 
  • This article, relaying Amy Schumer's speech from the Gloria Awards and Gala, is powerful and something everyone should read. 
  • This might be the chocolate fudge cake recipe my family has been eating for years, in its at-home possible version. It's daring, so I'm still working up the courage to convince them to experiment with it without our favorite.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...