Friday, April 11, 2014

Read This: Volume X.

I'm recapping some things I read this week that I found interesting, not to force you, because I can't, but because sharing is caring. This also holds me accountable and keeps me from zoning out on Pinterest every hour.


  • Heartbleed Hit List is not so much interesting as it is uber important. I'm changing my passwords to everything, because it seems like they're slowly uncovering what's been affected and I don't understand Internet bugs. Speaking of uber, the uber car service is coming to Cleveland! 
  • Vivian Maier was a nanny in the 1950s and secretly, a photographer. Her work is slowly being uncovered from storage lockers and the like, but the insight into daily life it fascinating, in the same way that I love open houses and when people don't shut their blinds and I'm walking through the neighborhood at night. Not creepy. 
  • Mindy Kaling Is Her Own Role Model... and Actually Ours, Too perfectly sums up the evolution I went through regarding her. Evolution is too strong a word for that. I loved the office, but Mindy Kaling's role was tough - it was annoying. There were funny lines, but not smart-funny. Desperate girl, funny. In The Mindy Project, I wasn't immediately into it, but as it's continued, I find myself liking it more and more, and it's because of Mindy Kaling as the title might suggest. 
  • Kate beating William and loving it while in New Zealand convinces me that we should be best friends. I want to be best friends. I also want her hair. I'm obsessed with coverage of this trip.

2 comments:

  1. if you're into vivian maier the pittsburgh filmmakers are showing a film about her at the independent theaters that you should check out if you'll be around this/next month!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...