Friday, February 14, 2014

Read This: Volume II.

I'm recapping some things I read this week that I found interesting, not to force you, because I can't, but because sharing is caring. This also holds me accountable and keeps me from zoning out on Pinterest every hour. 


  • Top 10 Tactics for Winter Driving is a concise list of how to react in the snowy, slippery weather. After over three years of living in DC and driving very little, the midwest snow has really shaken my driving confidence.
  • How to Choose Colors You'll Love offers 21 color tips from design experts.  Some seem obvious, but seeing them in writing is helpful to actually put the paint on the wall. 
  • Adult Allowance and Budgeting isn't actually the title of the post, but that's the concept and I'm obsessed with it. We're definitely struggling with savings, spending, house projects, and the wedding, and I think this method is the light at the end of the tunnel. 
  • The Balanced Money Formula is an article I found after digging around the above blog post and the ones related to it. I did a napkin calculation of my spending and am very unbalanced. At first, it shocked me, but then I never have looked at my spending outside of a month. It's been tunnel-visioned, and it's obvious I need to look more broadly.
  • Lean In Collection is a stock of 2,500 images of women in real life, and it's attempting to change the more passive stock pictures that've been used for real. I think this is great, and love the pictures, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...