Monday, September 30, 2013

Picture This: Week 39.

I started a picture-a-day project with the new year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to  recap the week, and keep me motivated for the next week. By throwing it up to the interwebs, it's a not so subtle reminder to myself that if I'm laying around all week and taking pictures of my feet poking out of a blanket as I watch Clueless for the millionth time, I'm going to bore everyone to sleep. Not that that's not my idea of a good time - Clueless, I mean. That being said, it's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. It's a log of my life, and a gentle reminder to myself that life is a gift and I should take advantage every day. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.

September 23, 2013

I'm realizing this might be borderline disgusting, but every picture on my phone from this day is of my ear. Other than the obvious redness from me poking at it, there's something in there, or there must be, because wearing earbuds had been uncomfortable all week. Whatupwitdat.  


September 24, 2013

When did this girl become a walking advice machine? I've always wanted to hire her as my assistant, in my hypothetical very important and busy life, but I might need her as a life coach, too.


September 25, 2013

I've been opposed to Sperry's for roughly eight years. I hold grudges very well. I didn't see the point in a boat shoe in a land-locked state, and would snarkily ask where the individual's boat was when seeing someone wearing them. If anyone had ever answered with a positive location of a boat, that snark would've disappeared immediately while I tried to recover and invite myself onto said boat. I learned this year that they're waterproof, and as I shopped for my annual pair of Toms because I poked my pinkie toe through yet about pair, I realized that a waterproof shoe that isn't a heavy, no air-flow, sweaty, rain boot is a very practical thing. It would also save some embarrassment on that days that I wear my galoshes in anticipation for the rain in the forecast that never shows. I swallowed my pride, ordered a pair, and I'm in love. I had heard my feet would be a blistery mess until I wore them in (and I witnessed this first-hand in Zach's foray into the Sperry world), but I haven't had a single blister. They are incredibly comfortable and I'm convinced that I should've been a sailor. 


September 26, 2013

Honestly, it never ceases to amaze me when I turn a corner and see the Capital or another landmark in DC. It's a regular day for me, but a symbol of freedom, a destination, for so many others. I'm so happy to call this home. 


September 27, 2013

High-rise living means creeping on neighbors. In this terrifying situation, someone is unfazed by the blaze of their illegal grill. I'm glad I'm in the building across the street. PS - everything's fine and today I can see someone on the porch drying their laundry.


September 28, 2013

Saturday morning yoga is quite possibly my favorite thing. 


September 29, 2013

I did it. I deactivated my Facebook and then took a picture of the computer screen so it looks all cross-hatched. It was creeping me out more and more with the data it collects, I hated finding important news from the site rather than in person, and I read one too many study about how it was the cause of depression. So far, I feel liberated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...