Monday, September 23, 2013

Picture This: Week 38.

I started a picture-a-day project with the new year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to  recap the week, and keep me motivated for the next week. By throwing it up to the interwebs, it's a not so subtle reminder to myself that if I'm laying around all week and taking pictures of my feet poking out of a blanket as I watch Clueless for the millionth time, I'm going to bore everyone to sleep. Not that that's not my idea of a good time - Clueless, I mean. That being said, it's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. It's a log of my life, and a gentle reminder to myself that life is a gift and I should take advantage every day. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.

September 16, 2013

I believe wholeheartedly in fate. On Monday, Zach got a fortune that he'd be receiving good news from far away. He sent it to me and asked me if I had any. I didn't, as it was Monday, the day of the Navy Yard shooting in DC, two miles from my workplace. Later that day, Dad texted that he'd be coming home from England two months early and we received news from sellers in Arizona that our offer on a house was accepted. Tell me that doesn't give you chills.


September 17, 2013

I like that my family prefers nontraditional nicknames.


September 18, 2013

It first felt like fall on Wednesday. It was cool enough for a trench, but sunny enough to be beautiful outside. I love it.


September 19, 2013

We had a firm happy hour on Thursday. As the alcohol flows freely, I always stay and drink longer than intended. I walked home with my friend and coworker, who was insistent on showing her yoga skills. Here she is demonstrating crow. File this under reasons and people I'll miss in DC.


September 20, 2013

Baby boy got some extra snuggles Friday night after the great beast went to bed.


September 21, 2013

Henry ran into my room as soon as she heard my alarm Saturday morning. As only purry pants can demand, she got her twenty minutes of undivided attention. Make sure you click the speaker within the video to hear her purring!


September 22, 2013

I saw the house in person for the first time on Sunday during our inspections. We had the best inspector, who spent four hours going through the house with us, teaching us maintenance topics and pointing out different things for which to watch. The negotiations are ongoing with the seller now, and it's so nerve-wracking, but let's just focus on this bar. This bar that could be ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...