Monday, September 16, 2013

Picture This: Week 37.

I started a picture-a-day project with the new year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to  recap the week, and keep me motivated for the next week. By throwing it up to the interwebs, it's a not so subtle reminder to myself that if I'm laying around all week and taking pictures of my feet poking out of a blanket as I watch Clueless for the millionth time, I'm going to bore everyone to sleep. Not that that's not my idea of a good time - Clueless, I mean. That being said, it's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. It's a log of my life, and a gentle reminder to myself that life is a gift and I should take advantage every day. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.


September 9, 2013

DMX literally cracks me up. See here for further support on that fact. It's him rapping Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - all safe! 


September 10, 2013

The Express, the daily newspaper on the Metro, took the spot for picture of a day for a second day in a row with it's blurb on giraffes. I'm a sucker for animal stories and factoids, but who knew that giraffes were born with stats like 5'8" and 130 pounds?! They're humans!


September 11, 2013

It's hard to put into words the feelings that this date quietly demands. It snuck up on me this year, but it took be back to that Tuesday when I was in middle school outside of Pittsburgh and the fourth plane flew over my campus, so low in the sky that the the engines rattled the windows. It would be taken down about forty miles away by the incredibly brave passengers.


September 12, 2013

I opened a new tube of toothpaste only to have it shoot out the back instead of onto the brush. I emailed Colgate about this. They said they're mailing me a package to send back the toothpaste for their investigations and some coupons. I'll keep you updated.


September 13, 2013

I have 2/3 of the s'mores ingredients in my work snack drawer. 


September 14, 2013

Most of my 5K's are color runs. It appears I'm drawn to organized runs that specialize in throwing stuff at you. I ran this entire race, which was a first. Running is such a mental game, and I don't consider myself to be incredibly strong in that realm, but I'm very excited to have overcome it here. 


September 15, 2013

My super talented sister took our engagement pictures and then made our save-the-dates. I'm crazy lucky to have such talented family that are happy to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...