Monday, September 9, 2013

Picture This: Week 36.


I started a picture-a-day project with the new year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to  recap the week, and keep me motivated for the next week. By throwing it up to the interwebs, it's a not so subtle reminder to myself that if I'm laying around all week and taking pictures of my feet poking out of a blanket as I watch Clueless for the millionth time, I'm going to bore everyone to sleep. Not that that's not my idea of a good time - Clueless, I mean. That being said, it's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. It's a log of my life, and a gentle reminder to myself that life is a gift and I should take advantage every day. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.

September 2, 2013

Zach made banana pancakes for breakfast on Monday. This is a big thing, because the only thing I may be religious about is my devotion to eating eggs for breakfast on weekends. He's been talking about these pancakes for years, though, and they lived up to expectation.  I don't know if they're enough to break my tie to eggs, but they'll be a welcome alternative.


September 3, 2013

Union Station is such a beautiful place. I would have loved to see this place in the heyday of train travel and travel fashion. 


September 4, 2013

It's officially pumpkin spice latte season! Though I had my first taste of the syrup a few days earlier (Veronica's job at Starbucks is dangerous and addicting), the first latte on a cool morning really made it feel like fall.


September 5, 2013

I took a new path to work Thursday morning. Though it wasn't shorter as the partner had promised, the change in sites was interesting.


September 6, 2013

My dad installed in my sisters and me a weird devotion to carrying groceries in one trip. It landed me some bruises, but they felt more like victory marks. 


September 7, 2013

I made a cookie dough dip on Saturday from chickpeas. I wouldn't describe the "during" process as appealing or appetizing in any way, but the result was much better. 


September 8, 2013

My friend Ellen ran her first triathlon Sunday in honor of the memory of her friend Kate, whom she lost to leukemia last year. I'm so proud of this girl.

2 comments:

  1. grande nonfat no whip pumpkin spice latte for sam? they mark no whip differently than we do in dc...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have you decoding! I never knew the no whip... I'll start making note.

      Delete

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...