Monday, August 5, 2013

Picture This: Week 31.

I started a picture-a-day project with the new year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week, and keep me motivated for the next week. By throwing it up to the interwebs, it's a not so subtle reminder to myself that if I'm laying around all week and taking pictures of my feet poking out of a blanket as I watch Clueless for the millionth time, I'm going to bore everyone to sleep. Not that that's not my idea of a good time - Clueless, I mean. That being said, it's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. It's a log of my life, and a gentle reminder to myself that life is a gift and I should take advantage every day. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.

 Monday, July 29

Reading in bed has to be one of the most relaxing activities.


Tuesday, July 30

We learned on Tuesday that we lost the first house on which we'd placed a bid. The same day CNN informed me that home prices were at an all-time high in seven years. What luck! And sarcasm.
 

Wednesday, July 31

Wedding crafting never stops. On one hand, it feels like I'm accomplishing something when things start coming together. On the other hand, it stresses me out more and more. 


Thursday, August 1

The occasional Thursday treat: a warm homemade cookie and homemade ice cream sandwich. The DC food trucks are horrible temptations.


Friday, August 2

I always feel like I'm going into battle when I go to the eye doctor. I have to fend off pushy eyeglass salesman and battle for my prescription. 


Saturday, August 3
Did you realize you can't get watermelon with seeds in the grocery store? It's weird when staples of our childhood slowly fade. It took a trip to the farmer's market to realize that I had been missing the good stuff for a while.


Sunday, August 4  
 
Zach and I went to Hershey on Sunday for the Jay Z and Justin Timberlake concert. It was a very late night (we got back to DC around 3 in the morning), but I'd say that a summer concert is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...