Thursday, August 15, 2013

Absenteeism.

If you've stopped in over the past few weeks, you've noticed that I haven't been keeping to my three weekly posts in this virtual space. Life's been hectic. This has always been a space for me to forget the usual chaos of life, but I haven't had time for that. In any downtime, I've been trying to workout in a two-part effort to relieve stress and to melt pounds. That, or sleep. I haven't been able to get on a routine with either yet. I've haven't kept in touch with dear friends because weekends are spent house hunting (which is deceptively difficult for objects that can't move) or wedding planning (which will continue to be difficult until I can fully comprehend the do what makes you happy philosophy).

This isn't a good spot to be in any time of the year, but it's especially disheartening as my work hours steady increase into busy season. So I'm here, calling myself out. I'm hoping that will light a fire to fix one of the following (I'm being realistic here):

Goal: Manage wedding stress

The Plan: Prioritize, ask for help, stand my ground, and do what makes us happy. I may also be utilizing this tool.

Goal: Lose weight

The Plan: Listen to myself and my hunger needs. After my two-month sabbatical that I treated like a two-month vacation with a cherry on top, I'm over where I would like to be. It took a few months to own up to it, but I'm taken that step and am now at the daily love/hate battle with running, yoga, or Insanity. It's mostly a hate relationship with Insanity. None of these things will really help if I don't change my eating habits. Mum called me out when she saw me take a swipe of brown sugar over facetime, and I think that was the straw that broke me. My habits are very poor and that's certainly not helping my weight or my health. I also found out that the new staff on my job comes from a family of nutritionists. I'm hoping peer pressure will change me.

Goal: Be a better friend

The Plan: Balance. I need to take my mind off of work, the wedding, and house hunting. I won't take my mind off these things by just hanging out. I need to see my friends and we need to do activities. I need to keep the experiences fresh and exciting. 

Goal: Find a house

The Plan: I honestly don't know how to manage the stress with this one. The first step is not telling everyone when there's a house that catches our interest. We did that a few times and the opinions from multiple people in multiple forms (we're talking voicemails, texts, emails, and phone calls) was overwhelming. It's great having a support system, and a solid one at that. It doesn't mean I'm programmed to manage that much input in such a short span. I'm also trying to take the dating approach to this house - if you're happy, you'll find happy. I'm hoping that if I can stop obsessing over it, the perfect house will appear and stay on the market for more than 24 hours. 

This list is stressing me out, so I'm going to stop. Whew. I'm hoping to make a start, not to change overnight. Here's hoping. In the meantime, I'll get back to crafting and sharing what I can share without totally spoiling the wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...