Monday, July 29, 2013

Picture This: Week 30.

I started a picture-a-day project with the new year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week, and keep me motivated for the next week. By throwing it up to the interwebs, it's a not so subtle reminder to myself that if I'm laying around all week and taking pictures of my feet poking out of a blanket as I watch Clueless for the millionth time, I'm going to bore everyone to sleep. Not that that's not my idea of a good time - Clueless, I mean. That being said, it's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. It's a log of my life, and a gentle reminder to myself that life is a gift and I should take advantage every day. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.


July 22, 2013

I miss my old metro, with my outside air and less crowded train.


July 23, 2013

 Tuesday marked Mum's birthday. I'm so lucky to have her in my life. Also, we've added shortcuts in her phone (ok = okie dokie artichokie). 


Also on Tuesday, I caught the latest episode of Dance Moms, which was filmed in my high school. It's like I saw a celebrity. This is me taking pictures of the TV to include the bulletin board to prove the cameo of an inanimate object. 

July 24, 2013

Morning commute in the hazy DC summer.

July 25, 2013

 The best way to spend a Thursday is playing hookey with the entire team while watching the Nationals play the Pirates. Both home teams, perfect weather, and we missed the afternoon of work.

July 26, 2013

Home. I'm there all too often recently, without actually being there. Wedding plan, you consume me. 

July 27, 2013

Last week, I put the ends of several green onions in a cup with a bit of water. Literally, just the little white root balls. In a week, they've shot up and could be cut down again! I'm so impressed, and may never buy green onions again.


July 28, 2013
 
Poor Stevie. I can't even explain my clumsiness - I tried to pick him up off the counter, but instead I flung him with my thumb, sending him sliding and falling straight and flat on the ceramic tile. I guess there will be more of a countdown to the September upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...