Monday, July 8, 2013

Picture This: Week 27.

I started a picture-a-day project with the new year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week, and keep me motivated for the next week. By throwing it up to the interwebs, it's a not so subtle reminder to myself that if I'm laying around all week and taking pictures of my feet poking out of a blanket as I watch Clueless for the millionth time, I'm going to bore everyone to  sleep. Not that that's not my idea of a good time - Clueless, I mean. That being said, it's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. It's a log of my life, and a gentle reminder to myself that life is a gift and I should take advantage every day. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.



July 1, 2013

Dreams do come true! White duvet, here I come


July 2, 2013

 Nero's growth in three months, as compared to the twisted willow tree. That boy is trouble, but so sweet and entertaining.


July 3, 2013

Zach was in town over the long holiday weekend, which meant we were able to spend our anniversary together with crepes. I didn't get a picture of us, or of the delicious crepes, but I did get this picture of Alexandria City Hall decked out for America's birthday while I waited on him.



July 4, 2013

No one does fireworks as good as DC on the Fourth of July and I'm so happy to have caught them again this year. It gives me chills to watch them in the nation's capital, though some of those chills may be because the Washington monument looks like it has creepy red eyes.



July 5, 2013

Zachles, elated to be at Kebab Palace. I was pumped for this, until I found out that it wasn't Mediterranean food as he had promised. Give me feta or give me death!
 

July 6, 2013

Saturday was intense. When looking through my pictures, I had to reassure myself that all of the various activities did happen in one day: there was six miles of kayaking in the morning, followed by our first trip to Sprinkles for cupcakes, then we happened upon PaperSource and I filled my little heart with envelopes galore, some random errands, and a baseball game.  But this picture: We tried a lemon blueberry and cinnamon sugar cupcake (clearly I'm on a cinnamon kick), and they were good. I had heard these are the cupcakes that Suri Cruise gets at her birthday parties (no idea how I know this), and I'm not sure they're that good. Maybe I'm over the cupcake phase, though. Nah, I love icing. 


July 7, 2013 

I went to bed Saturday night feeling borderline and woke up sick on Sunday. An evening thunderstorm suits this feeling best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...