Monday, July 1, 2013

Picture This: Week 26.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right. Is anyone else sick of seeing the same weekly blurb at the top of these? I'll work on it. 

June 24, 2013

Arriving in Chinatown kind of feels like being sucked up into an alien spaceship.


June 25, 2013
My last view before turning off the light for the night. 


June 26, 2013
Over the past week and a half, I've had the worst time trying to shake a stomach bug. Finally, mother proved to know best. She suggested a dry diet (of dry toast, Cheerios, and oatmeal), and that finally worked to keep food in me. Otherwise, I was all about the hydration.


June 27, 2013
 After two and half days on the dry diet, I maybe jumped too quickly back into the real world with a cookie ice cream sandwich made by one of the many food trucks in DC. It was delicious, and my stomach seemed to like it, too. Great success.


June 28, 2013
Thunderstorms and flood watches kept me in on Friday. I crafted two cards, one for each sister. It's a sort of belated thank-you-for-accepting-the-role-of-bridesmaid because I have a horrible regret that I didn't ask them to be my bridesmaid in a cool way. 


June 29, 2013
 Saturday was super nice, so I opted to walk the mile to the post office. My walk is at a pace that would rival most speed-walkers (in fact, I passed one on the way), and my stomach did not agree with that. So I spent the rest of the afternoon on the couch in pain and regret. I don't know how that got so off-topic from the picture. Storm damage, straight ahead. It always fascinates me, and reminds me of my parents, who love exploring and surveying damage after storms. I seriously wanted to be a storm chaser in my early days.


June 30, 2013 
 
I made a few tweaks to my pizza recipe (adding sea salt to the crust just before it's finished baking and adding basil after it's out of the oven), and the difference is enormous and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...