Monday, June 10, 2013

Picture This: Week 23.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.


June 3, 2013

I arrived for my first day of work on a new client and was greeted with a sign: You're ready for this. I sure hope so.


June 4, 2013

I took the mile and a half walk to another client on Tuesday, passing the Government Accountability Office and a file of unattended papers. Yet, we still wonder how government secrets get published.


June 5, 2013

...that seems a bit harsh.


June 6, 2013

I fixed my sister's birthday present on Thursday with a new clock attachment. I'm so proud of this. Details to come.


June 7, 2013

Nero's a pretty, pretty princess! Poor boy puts up with a lot, being raised with two aunts. 


June 8, 2013

I went dress shopping on Saturday with my two aunts that were in town, my future mother-in-law, my two sisters and bridesmaids, and my mum. I was prepared for the worst, but after a marathon four-hour session, I found a dress (spoiler alert: it's not the one pictured) and it was a great afternoon. I must remember to bring snacks for the next marathon wedding-planning session.


June 9, 2013 
 
On Sunday, Veronica, Stephanie, and I ran the Color Me Rad 5K in Pittsburgh. Veronica and I ran it last year and loved it. This year's verdict: the race wasn't as good, but it was better with Steph. The race was at a new location this year (an outdoor concert venue), but that meant running in a gravel parking lot (read: skidding and sliding around turns for us). There weren't as many color stations, and the people at the color stations weren't as pumped as last year. It was a little disappointing (and sucked some motivation), but we still had fun, and are trying to preserve out shirts.

2 comments:

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...