Monday, June 3, 2013

Picture This: Week 22.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but I'm losing faith in her ever updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.


May 27, 2013

I'm a quick convert to the convenience of the E-ZPass.


May 28, 2013

Tourist season is upon us in DC. While I complained, Zachles was looking for ways to make me laugh. He's the best.


May 29, 2013

DHS is really stepping up their landscaping game. Truffalas and waterfalls!


May 30, 2013

 The office doors look quite ominous and sneaky. In reality, someone's unlucky enough to have their office facing the door.


May 31, 2013

I volunteered at a school in an impoverished area on Friday with my work. I've done it for the past few years and have always loved it, but was nervous to work with third graders, the oldest grade I'd ever taught, this year. I was more than pleasantly surprised at their manners and skills. I had no concept of the third-grade level for anything, but the kids were doing multiplication tables and spelling like champions. I had such a great day, was utterly exhausted after, and am thankful for all the amazing teachers out there.
 

June 1, 2013

I'm back in the blogging and crafting game, since I don't have to travel or work until 3 am multiple nights a week for the foreseeable future. Yay! I think my brain's still fried though - a crafting fail is a sure sign of that.
 

June 2, 2013 
 
I needed a pool day since DC's been meltingly (let's try and coin that) hot. Sunday was significantly cooler, thanks to an overcast sky, but I still spend it poolside and planning.



With that, I'm back. May was a very rough month for me, so I'm still very much in the recovery phase. I cut myself off from all social activity this past weekend because that is how badly I needed a mental health day and comatose sleep.  Still, I want to get back into my balance of blogging and crafting to make the work not so consumming. Thanks for hanging in there with me, and look forward to posts shortly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...