Monday, May 27, 2013

Picture This: Week 21.


I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, and is in the process of updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.


May 20, 2013

I was in Burlington, Vermont on Monday for work. It was beautiful, but the quintessential "Welcome to Vermont" came from a pack of roadside cows climbing mounds and being overly vocal.


May 21, 2013

We drove to downtown Burlington on Lake Champlain on Tuesday for dinner. I had a grilled cheese, which was fantastic, and followed it with maple syrup soft serve. It was my kind of food.


May 22, 2013

My meals got more stereotypical as the week went. On Wednesday, it was wine with a cheese plate. Food was the highlight of this week - otherwise, I was working until the wee hours of the morning.

May 23, 2013
I nearly collapsed on Thursday when I dumped my coffee on the way in to work. The only thing keeping me from collapsing in tears was the fact that I was flying out that night and wouldn't have to travel for work for the next month.

May 24, 2013
 I was back in Pittsburgh on Friday. The Pens had lost earlier in the week, so the series was taken to Game 5. Pittsburgh hosts an outdoor viewing for the playoffs, so Zach, his brother, Ian, Steph, and her friend Jamie all bundled up and went to watch with a couple hundred other diehard fans. It was 45 degrees in May, but the game was so exciting that we weren't miserable.


May 25, 2013

I finished a book clock on Saturday for Veronica's birthday. I'm pretty proud of it. It probably needs a new clock face so the hands can sit out farther, but this might have been my first definition DIY.


May 26, 2013

Sunday was Veronica's 24th birthday. She mentioned a couple months ago that all she and Diney, her cat that shares her birthday, wanted was a rainbow cake. I was nervous of the outcome as I made it, but I'm happy to report that all went well and she was very happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...