Monday, April 22, 2013

Picture This: Week 16.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, and is in the process of updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.


April 15, 2013

I can't remember why, but I was trying to screen share with Zach on Monday and stumbled across my old AIM away messages. Gems include "alright, meow" and "i went to get kool-aid." Yum


April 16, 2013

The jam had sat for 24 hours as of Tuesday, so I did my first in a series of taste tests to pick the better jam recipe. My wedding planning has no real direction.


April 17, 2013

I had heard the pollen was high, and my contacts were feeling it, but on the way to zumba on Wednesday, I could physically see it. My poor allergies.


April 18, 2013

I forget how close I am to the center of the country sometimes.  The buildings always surprise me when they pop us as I turn a corner. 


April 19, 2013

A thunderstorm prevented me from meeting friends on Friday. I love falling asleep to the rain that I wasn't even upset.


April 20, 2013

The curling iron tutorials are paying off - I curled my hair for a night out Saturday, and it actually stayed decent looking for the night. It's also been 25 years and I still don't know how to take a self portrait without looking like a fool.


April 21, 2013

This pile of fabric in my closet has been burning a hole in me. Alas, I spent the day lying on my bed and watching Dance Moms. Lazy Sunday. Even lazier than this.

4 comments:

  1. First off, I'm already excited about the prospect of jam at your wedding. Second, are both recipes for strawberry? Or are you mixing it up with some other fruit there?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are strawberry (don't mess with perfect), but they're the recipe for cooked jam rather than freezer. We're trying to get the taste to match without having to deal with refrigeration. Nom nom nom.

      Delete
  2. There is no shame in watching dance moms for an entire day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, they interwebs cut you off before you feel like a total waste of life.

      Delete

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...