Monday, April 15, 2013

Picture This: Week 15.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, and is in the process of updating her blog. You should really updated that, V, if only for my procrastination. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.

April 8, 2013

I saw my first cherry blossoms Monday. Normally, the blossoms are early, but they showed up even later than their designated festival time this year.


April 9, 2013

Sitting in a cube farm means that I have to creep around for empty offices to make phone calls. I found a seemingly important conference room on our floor, and considered making the call from the podium. Alas, the speaker phone didn't reach that far.


April 10, 2013

I convinced my friend (from this post) to sleep over mid-week for some recovery time. We took a five-mile walk (endorphins make you happy), ate brownies and anything we could smother in icing, and drank wine while watching the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. It was the perfect mid-week break.


April 11, 2013

The partner in charge of my commercial audit hosted a wine tasting at her house on Thursday. Besides gorging myself and drinking too much wine, I made a friend with her cat, so much so that it wanted to be with me when I went to the bathroom. I also found myself loving their tile and wanting to take it with me.


April 13, 2013

A good sign that summer is coming: the pool is draining from it's winter hibernation!


April 14, 2013

On Saturday, Zach and I drove around the look at houses and neighborhoods around Cleveland. It was an intense day, but also very productive. My mid-day reward was a trip to JoAnn's where I hopped to start finding reasonably-priced fabric for table runners, and just general inspiration. Exhibit A.


April 14, 2013

After meeting with another realtor and seeing more houses on Sunday, we stumbled upon our first visit to Swenson's. Verdict: we'll be back. Often.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man- Swensons. I only went once (with Anna), but it was life-changing. Also, I miss the cherry blossoms! Don't miss the accompanying tourist surge on the Metro, obviously, but definitely miss the blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Swensons single-handedly convinced Zach that we will live in Broadview/Brecksville, just to be in proximity.

      Delete

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...