Monday, March 4, 2013

Picture This: Week 9.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but rarely updates her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.

We crossed into March this past week, and do you know what that means? It's my bIrThDaY mOnTh!!! That has little to do with this past week, but something you should know.
 

February 25, 2013


I cut my bangs on Monday. I had wanted straight-across bangs, but had to change course after I realized mid-trim that my hair wasn't thick enough to pull off that look. Le sigh. So I'm back to side bang, rocking the hairstyle I had through most of high school and college, but I'm not mad about it. It's a nice change as I endure the painfully long process of growing out my hair. I swear my hair's stopped growing. Is that possible?


February 26, 2013

I signed up for Vine on Tuesday at the urging of my sister. I'm an instant addict. If you're on, let me know! I don't know many people on it, so I'm always trying to refresh the page and see something new, only to be let down by the same video I posted an hour ago. Hard knock life.


February 27, 2013


 Dad and I took an evening walk around Derby on Wednesday. He swears this bridge didn't light up in the two months that I was gone. I'm glad it's back for my return - I really enjoy the technicolor rave (the colors change!) on my night walks.


February 28, 2013


Dad came home from work on Thursday and declared it movie night. This isn't always a good sign because Dad is usually criticizing the acting or wanting to watch strange Sci-Fi shows. He picked Das Boot for this night, which is a movie about the German U-boats during WWII. I like WWII history, so I was interested, but I don't know - we haven't watched part two of the film, but I was struggling to hang in there for part one. A nail polish session helped me focus.


March 1, 2013


On a trip to Costco, Dad spotted some hair, skin, and nails vitamins. I picked them up and hope they'll thicken my hair, or make it grow faster, but am sort of concerned at the label on the back. I'm a vegetarian. It says they're not suitable for vegetarians. Huh. Side note: I've been a vegetarian since I've been about nine-ish. I have no idea why. We think I got food poisoning from a hamburger and just quit all meat. I'm trying to incorporate it into my diet more, but after roughly fourteen years without it, the taste just isn't appealing. As of now, I like pepperoni, hot dogs, and well-done bacon. I'll eat salmon, tuna, and other fish sometimes. I can force down chicken. I'll try most things if I think you won't make fun of the faces I make while trying to chew it.

 
March 2, 2013


After flight delays and diversions, Zach finally made it to Manchester. Dad and I picked him up and headed into Liverpool for the evening. We didn't let him have a minute to rest. We visited the Cavern Club, the stage on which the Beatles got their start. This was like visiting Mecca for Zach.


March 3, 2013 

After a day in Liverpool and seeing these wonky creatures around the city, I finally discovered what they were: Superlambananas. Yeah, what? It's a mix between a lamb and banana and designed to be a cross between two of Liverpool's largest cargos. I was ready to call the day a success after learning that factoid, but the cherry on top was that the duck tour we had planned for Saturday, but missed due to flight delays, was rescheduled for us so we were able to ride and learn even more factoids. True life - we're duck tour fanatics. Mum's installed that in us. I've been on a tour in Washington, D.C. and Pittsburgh. As soon as we mentioned we were going to Liverpool, Mum already knew they had a tour and suggested we get on the boat.

3 comments:

  1. hi okay i have a few comments on this.

    1. i am in the process of updating my blog now!!! i already have a few new pics.
    2. i hate those LED lights. somebody with epilepsy would probably die on that bridge. they should be just plain white.
    3. thanks for taking one for the team on das boot. i avoided it.
    4. if hair skin and nail vitamins dont work. try prenatal vitamins. thats what i used and it makes my hair grow fast.
    5. this is supposed to be one but i thikn think straight across bangs look nice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, okay, i have a few responses.

      1. i'll be a-stalkin'!
      2. sometimes they're plain white! and i'm sure they thought of such and they're some sort of non-seizure inducing variety.
      3. yeah, yeah. i want ice cream.
      4. i'll let you know. i'm a week in with no discernible difference.
      5. they were clumping strangely. i didn't cut them at an angle though, so i could make them go either way.

      Delete

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...