Monday, March 25, 2013

Picture This: Week 12.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, and is in the process of updating her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.


March 18, 2013

On Monday, I felt worse than Sunday. I tried to pound the water (I fully believe that I can drink sicknesses out of me), but by the afternoon I wasn't doing any better and had a trans-Atlantic flight on Friday looming over me. I mustered up the courage to call some doctors (and was denied), but one was helpful enough to recommend a walk-in center that would take me as a foreigner. My reward was a decadent sundae - complete with apples and brown sugar.



March 19, 2013

 I felt better on Tuesday, but not great. The gloomy weather matched my mood. Also, I still can't get used to the traffic patterns.


March 20, 2013

 By Wednesday, I was feeling so much better. My nose was starting to clear a little bit, the infection was gone, and my throat was doing marginally better. None of that is interesting though. Dad called in the afternoon and said he was done with meetings and thought he'd skip out - would I like to go to Chatswoth? YES YES YES!


March 21, 2013

Dad and I were trying to eat out the fridge the entire week, so I took the last remaining Trex (it's like a Crisco) and made some cookies for Dad so that he could have a treat when he returns. It's apparent I've been sick - I had no appetite for cookie dough.


March 22, 2013

Dad and I flew back to the States on Friday. I'm working on my paparazzi skills.


March 23, 2013

I met up with Alex and Kate on Saturday for some homemade cinnamon pancakes, mimosas to celebrate, and a playdate with Chandler. Alex introduced Kate and I to Yo Gabba Gabba, on which there are celebrity appearances. In this case, it was Jimmy Eat World, singing and riding flying cats and dogs. We were dying.


March 24, 2013


Speaking of cats - being at Mum's house and suffering from time-zone induced narcolepsy meant I woke up to some close cat faces quite often. Here's Dinah, probably trying to steal my earrings, as she's a magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...