Monday, February 25, 2013

Picture This: Week 8.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but rarely updates her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right. 

Doesn't week 8 sound like we're so much farther into the year than February? Is it just me? Anyway, this past week was my first full week in Derby. Ever. That's strange and a feat all it's own, considering Dad's lived here for a year. Veronica and Greg took me around to some of the best of Derby, though, and I'm excited to further explore this next week.

February 18, 2013


We had planned to go to a local park and paint pottery on Monday, but Mum wasn't feeling well, so we opted to take in the nice day with a bike ride to a local castle. Veronica failed to mention that the local castle was a 17-mile round-trip bike ride. It was worth is though - I counterbalanced the calorie burn with a strawberry and white chocolate scone with clotted cream and jam, and felt the burn for a couple days after.



February 19, 2013

I was craving pie for most of the week, and the taste of American was welcomed in the flat - the pie was devoured almost as soon as it was out of the oven.


February 20, 2013

On Wednesday we went to the local park to paint pottery. We're anxiously awaiting our finished projects!


February 21, 2013

February 21 is Dad's and Zach's birthday. This year, they're inverses - one's 52, one's 25. Veronica and I spent most of the day making an alien spaceship cake for Dad, complete with homemade icing. For one with poor hearing, he perked up when Veronica accidentally mentioned cake, and loved his delicious, wonky creation.


February 22, 2013

Finally! A round of Skip-Bo at The Bless, a Veronica and Greg classic, and just before her flight back to the states.


February 23, 2013

I spent some time Saturday morning messing around with html code. I'm so intimidated by html code that it's not even funny. I'm almost paralyzed. But I successfully added a Pinterest and Instagram button on the sidebar so you can find me there, as well as a subscribe and top posts section. I'm still so proud of myself.


February 24, 2013

Sunday was a bit of a rough day. I was up off-and-on the night before with fever chills, Mum and Veronica left for the States, and Dad was moping. I kept myself busy cleaning for most of the day, but finally got Dad out of his couch spot with a homemade turkey pot pie. He was very excited, and I think it's the prettiest thing I've ever made. 

Is the font showing up real weird on this? It is for me, and I can't figure it out. I'm trying, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...