Monday, January 21, 2013

Picture This: Week 3.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but rarely updates her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.  

This past week has been hectic. I've been in four states in seven days, and while I knew it was coming, I somehow thought I would have more time. I've fallen off the blogging train, and have been called out by my sisters. I'm making an attempt at a comeback this week - I owe updates and pictures on my winter holiday in England, and I think I've been doing stuff since then too. I honestly can't really keep track of what day it is, though; it's a constant stream of work.

January 14, 2013

I left for Austin, Texas, Monday afternoon, hoping for better weather, but knowing a busy work week was ahead. As always, my team and I snuck in some fun, but I'm paying for it with lots of overtime now. 


January 15, 2013

I kind of like site visits because it's a chance to eat fast food. I know that's a really bad reason. In DC, I hardly ever eat out, so I take travel as a treat. I love Firehouse Subs, mostly for their dalmatian tables and pop machines with a million different do-it-yourself flavors and combinations.


January 16, 2013

My staff had never been to Texas, so we stopped on South Congress on Wednesday to peek around Allen's Boots. This place is insane - there are so many boots, some priced up to $1,000. It's mind boggling, but I love looking at all the different styles. 


January 17, 2013

Thursday was our last day at the client site, which meant coffee and donuts. After working until 2 AM the night before, it was much needed.


January 18, 2013

I was back in the DC office on Friday, on the rare 12th floor in a city that's relatively low to the ground. I got in early, so I watched the traffic filter by as my computer slowly started up for the day.


January 19, 2013

I went back home to Pittsburgh for the weekend to take care of some administrative type things for the family. It had been a while since I had seen my fur nieces and nephew, too. They made working the weekend a little more bearable.


January 20, 2013

 I went over my "older sister"'s house Sunday to meet the newest addition, Jackson. His older brother, Aiden, is three and so hilarious. He loved having so many people around to play ships and cars, and is so talkative. It is so impressive to see how much he's learned and how much his vocabulary has improved each time I see him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...