Monday, January 14, 2013

Picture This: Week 2.

I started a picture-a-day project this year. My intent is to try and appreciate every day, the good and the bad. That, and it's a fun way to see the year compiled into a bunch of snapshots. I'm posting weekly recaps of the past seven days. It's a fun way to recap the week and to keep me motivated to try new things and live it up every day. It's rarely ground-breaking, but I couldn't handle that anyway. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but rarely updates her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right.  

This is my second installment in my picture-a-day series for 2013. See last week's post to catch up or the "picture-a-day" tag as this post grows over the year.

January 7, 2013


The start of the week and my first day back after two weeks of vacation found me in a car en route to Chesapeake, VA. Crossing over the bridge, I spotted the aircraft carriers, which my dad worked on when I was younger. I was taken back to our family trip to Norfolk and Virginia Beach, and my first jellyfish sting.


January 8, 2013


My family is competitive. A lot of people say that about their families. My family competes are solitaire, which we all have on our phones and/or ipads. No one can play on anyone else's phone. That's sabotage. You can't even try to talk trash unless your winning percentage is above 30%. After two weeks with them over Christmas, I've found myself in a solitaire game at any chance of down time, which is usually during my nightly calls with Zach.


January 9, 2013


I'm only in busy season for the rest of January, but I'm really sick of staring at my computer at all hours. If you zoom in close enough, you'll see I'm setting up an email at 9:13 PM. T-3 weeks left...


January 10, 2013


I left Chesapeake before the rest of the team in order to make it to my other job on Friday. That meant I had to take the train. I love trains, and the addition of wifi to the already existing power outlets on the train really proved to be entertaining. Way to step it up, Amtrak. 


January 11, 2013


What I thought was just a sore throat from a drastic change in the weather turned out to be something more when it didn't stop bugging me after a day. I spent my Friday in bed, in sweatpants, reading and thinking up my next craft projects.


January 12, 2013


Part of the reason I love weekends so much is because of the breakfast. It's a very rare weekend when I don't have eggs for breakfast. Even though I was feeling a little off, I got out of bed, singing "I love eggs" both in my head and aloud. To myself.


January 13, 2013


Against better judgment, I went out last night. My sinus infection/head cold/sickness hybrid welcomed me on Sunday morning with a vengeance. I spent most of the day with a tissue stuck to my face, sometimes bull ring style because it was like a faucet, and cuddled with my afghan and a cup of tea. I really miss Pittsburgh, but even more so when I'm sick. I was to be home with my fur babies, or nieces and nephews, my mum and her endless medicine, and my dad and his endless food. He's the egg connoisseur and makes me my favorite instant soup: Mrs. Grass's chicken soup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...