Monday, January 7, 2013

Picture This: Week 1.

Similar to past years, specifically 2010, I decided to start a picture-a-day blog. Also similar to 2010, I did this at the urging of Veronica, and am happy to start again. I'm not sure why I didn't participate in 2011 or 2012. I love how I'm forced to consider each day, remember the important moments, good and bad, and summarize in one picture, one second of the 24 hours. It's actually kind of difficult, but very focusing, and I feel I fully live in the present more when I'm considering all of my daily activities and ordering them for a daily picture. It's not always earth-shattering, and I don't actually expect any picture I take to even rumble someone's ground, but they're memories, and they're important. Does anyone else do this? I'd love for you to share! You can start anytime, too - a new year doesn't have to start on January 1. I'd love to nose around your life and live vicariously. In the least creepy way possible. And PS - my sister does this as well, but rarely updates her blog. Check out my past weeks through the "picture-a-day" topic link on the right. 

Unlike 2010, I'm going to do a weekly recap rather than a daily post. Also, unlike 2010, I won't be using a black background and purple font. I'm not sure what my motive was with that difficult-to-read color combination.

January 1, 2013

Veronica finally pinned Steph and me down to teach us her favorite game, Skip-Bo. Greg was in as well, and now the three of us are just as addicted. We played four games, in our pajamas, though it was 7 PM.


January 2, 2013 

I'm really quite enamored with some things so quintessentially British: the royalty, the post, the accent, the garden walls and gates, the roundabouts. I could go on for pages. I try to send a postcard every trip, and dropped in this night with the Par Avion - Air Mail note.


January 3, 2013

Veronica has turned into quite the masterful chef in her stay with Dad.While Stephanie and I were there for two weeks, she made multiple fabulous dinners for the five of us after shutting herself in the kitchen for a couple hours. This particular night, she made a delicious eggplant dish. I'm also jealous of Dad's oven, which has three mini ovens and a broiler.


January 4, 2013

The best feeling after roughly 17 hours of travel is your own bed. The icing on the cake was my bed with new sheets, a Christmas present from Steph.


January 5, 2013

Zach came in for a visit and after laying around the apartment for most of the day, I started to feel restless and cranky about not being productive. We got ourselves together, headed downtown to visit the Smithsonian American History museum, then walked around the monuments. I posted this photo to instagram and am obsessed with the perfect reflection on the recently filled reflection pool.


January 6, 2013

 I woke up on Sunday to see Twitter and Facebook buzzing with news of the agreement between the NHL and hockey players. Though not definite, the agreement likely signals the end of the NHL lockout and the return of hockey! I wore my Pittsburgh Penguins shirt in solidarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...