Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Stress baking.

Increasing hours at work and an impending hurricane called for some necessary stress release in the form of cookie dough eating baking last week.


I've made these cookies before (like here), but opted for a more manual process this time. I followed my standard and memorized chocolate-chip cookie recipe and added in peanut butter chips and pretzels at the end.


The motions of following a recipe by heart without even knowing is incredibly therapeutic for me. Luckily, I also had volunteers for the consumption so I didn't have to eat my feelings as well. Not that that didn't happen through the dough making.


I love symmetry. I love cookie dough symmetry even more.

 

The smells of baking cookies certainly doesn't hurt in the stress-reducing efforts, either. Mmm, happy place, if only for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...