Thursday, September 27, 2012

Paper-punch nails.

It's been a minute since I've done a post on nails, but that's not for lack of painting. It is for lack of creative painting.

But I'm back!



And I still don't clean the cuticles before showing you the final picture.

So to start, this is actually called the half-moon manicure. I think. I don't really understand that though, and I did it using paper-hole-punch-reinforcer things, so that's how I'll refer to it.

To start, I painted my nails in two coats of Zoya's Kristen (that's the lighter color). I did this on Sunday. That detail's important.

On Tuesday, and only because I didn't have time on Monday, I put ten (I had to think and double count the number of my fingers - sad) paper-reinforcer things on my nails.

You see, I don't have the patience to do this in one night, and my nails don't have the magic instant drying ability to cooperate with me. I had tried this once before, thought I had given the nails ample drying time, only to end up with a goopy sticky mess. Separating the days ensures they're dry.



I tried to center the top of the circle over the center of my nail, but it's not totally perfect. Partially because I was doing this without my glasses and partially because I wasn't too concerned. I would suggest really creasing the sticker into the sides of your nails. It'll want to pop up.


Then I coated my nails with a coat of Zoya's Caitlin. I let that dry, with circles still one, for about five minutes. Then I removed the circles, hit it with a top coat, and marveled.

Yes, there's some imperfect circles, and yes, it's more of a halfway line on my pinkies, but I love it. It's super easy but look so fancy. And I wanted a bit of fun before jumping into the dark solids of fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...