Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fancy food.

Or rather, faking fancy food. Rather, rather, fancy food only in name, because once you see it, you won't mistake it for it's fancy counterpart.

What is it? Texas caviar. Hold the fish eggs.


And it's delicious. So good it needed to be italicized, because I start the sentence in my normal voice and end in a deeper voice. It's a personal moment between me and the food. It's not unlike the "uh!" from this song. Totally obsessed with that song right now.



My cousin made this for us to munch on before dinner when I was out visiting in Arizona, and I was instantly hooked. I could not stop eating, and then I put it on my tacos, too.

Texas Caviar:


  • 2 cans black-eye peas, rinsed
  • 1 bag of frozen corn (about 15 ounces)
  • 1 can of black beans, rinsed
  • 1 avocado, diced
  • 1 large tomato, diced
  • handful of cilantro, chopped
  • 2 green onions, chopped
  • 1 cucumber, diced
  • 1/4 bottle light Italian dressing

Mix everything in a bowl and serve with tortilla chips. This is a dip, so keep that in mind when chopping everything. This recipe also makes a lot. I was eating it for weeks, so adjust accordingly. And enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...