Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Raw Cookie Dough, hold the salmonella.

I saw these on Pinterest and was convinced that they were a great source of protein. As a vegetarian that now eats pepperoni, hot dogs if I'm at a cook-out, and salmon if I'm in the mood and at a restaurant (I know, I'm working on it), more protein was just what the doctor ordered. Quite literally. And I know I'm not very good at it. 

I was halfway through the recipe before I realized that I didn't know what made me think these were protein-packed pseudo raw cookie dough bites.

They're still tasty all the same.

Raw Cookie Dough Bites
Taken from here.

2/3 cup walnuts
2/3 cup almonds
2/3 cup rolled oats
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup raw agave nectar (I found this next to the sugar in the store)
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp dark chocolate chips

1. In a food processor, chop the walnuts, almonds, oats, cinnamon, and salt to a fine powder. I chopped until I couldn't hear the blades hitting the larger chunks anymore.


2. Add the nectar and vanilla and pulse until combined.
3. Add the chocolate and pulse.
4. Drop by spoonfuls onto a waxed paper-lined tray and place in the freezer for an hour to firm up. Store in an airtight container in the freezer and enjoy!


I was skeptical, but then I was scraping the dough off of the sides of the food processor. It may not be actual cookie dough, but it's pretty darn close enough to do the trick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...