Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pentagon Memorial.


I don't know why it's taken me so long to get to this memorial. I literally pass it twice a day, at least 9 months of the year.

Maybe it's because it's so real. I can remember where I was, who I was with, what I felt. I remember my communications teacher rushing into my biology class and telling us to turn on the tv. I remember the announcements from the principal, after we saw the plane hit the second tower, to turn the tv off. I remember hearing a plane so low, rushing to the windows with the class, and seeing the belly of a commercial plane. That plane was headed to Shanksville, about 50 miles from my hometown.

I remember being so shaken in everything I knew. I remember grilling my mum for answers. I remember sitting inches from the tv all night, waiting for some answer. None of it made sense. I still don't really understand.


The memorial is beautiful. Every inch has meaning and symbolism, as it should. It's emotional and uplifting, solemn and hopeful all at once.


I still can't believe it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...