Thursday, May 10, 2012

5K Fridays.

I may or may not have said it before, but one of my resolutions this year is say 'yes' more. With that in mind, two days after returning from a two-week trip in the UK (and all the fried-fatty food and overindulgence in Cadbury chocolates that goes with that) I agreed to run a 5K. That Friday. In four days.

I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. I'll be dedicated for two weeks, then I'll get busy with other things, then I'll mope. Repeat. I've started the Couch to 5K workout I don't know how many times. There was no time for any of that this time. I just had to do it.


As for the race? It sucked. I ran the first mile way too fast to sustain and did a combination of running and walking for the rest. My final time was 00:30:52. Afterward, I felt fabulous. I still feel pretty fabulous about this, about three weeks later. I'm still riding those endorphins.

As for if I'll do it again, I don't know. My manager now wants me to do the Army 10-miler here in DC. That's some commitment, and I'm still on the fence. I am stalking the Color 5K (rumored for September) and I'm all down for that though, and maybe even improving my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...