Monday, April 16, 2012

Lining Letters.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I wish I was more into card-making and I wish I was better at it. 

It's not for lack of trying. I try. And I want to make everyone a homemade card because it means more to me, and I hope to them. Well, snail mail means more to me. I think it's the perfect combination: homemade card love and unexpected snail mail.

But every time I start a card for a birthday or something, I'm overwhelmed. I feel the creativity drain out of me and I don't know what to do. Cue this post. And with the envelope-lining concept, I'm revived.


First, trace your envelope onto the paper with which you wish to line the inside. Cut out your tracing.


Slide your tracing into your envelope, trimming the sides if need be for fit. Now the most difficult part of this very easy project: the lick-and-stick stuff on the envelope needs to be exposed. It took a bunch of fine trimming and folding for me (to make sure it was even), but once that was done, I used it as a template (and saved it in my paper stash for next time). Easy peasy.


Lastly, glue the back of your liner with a glue stick (so it's flat and not goopy) and slide and press into your envelope. Voila! You've got yourself a fancy envelope.


And some of my card anxiety has melted. The liners make the card and presentation that much more special. I'm excited to try with some fun scrapbook paper now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...