Friday, March 30, 2012

Birthday Spoils.

I don't like to make a big deal about my birthday. As my roommate will tell you, when I've described most of my birthdays, it ends in tears. That's being a little dramatic on her part, but I've had a few rough birthday. I've had pneumonia, my hermit crabs have died (this was 10+ years ago), important people have missed my birthday, and I've gotten gifts that I was sure defined that people didn't really know me (the last of which is probably a little dramatic on my part). But it's hurt, so I've learned to not make a big deal out of my birthday. I don't plan birthday dinners, I don't plan nights out, I don't plan anything because I'm afraid I'll feel more alone. In fact, this year, I'm making myself totally unavailable.

For some reason, this month has started with quite the celebration without any of my doing. I started the month with this present from my sister:


And for the nerdy nerd in me, I'm in heaven. I prance around throwing out reference with my tea mug, much to everyone's delight chagrin. 

Then my roommate continued with an impromptu surprise party after I came home from the Hunger Games (HOW GOOD WAS THAT?!). She had my favorites set out: dippy bread (bread with olive oil and herbs dip), cheese, and wine. It was fabulous and I was way spoiled.


I feel so loved by my family and friends. I don't know if I've ever felt better about my expectation being so wrong. And the celebrations continue :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...