Monday, January 23, 2012

Okie dokie artichokie.

I had no idea what to call this post for the longest time, then my sister texted me. We weren't talking about my crafts at all, but she replied with 'Okie dokie artichokie.' We're all that corny. Anyway, the text still had no relevance to me (except that something was all a-okay, though I really don't remember what that was now). Then I was making one of these crafties and my roommate came in and said, 'What're you doing? Making artichokes?'

And that's exactly what my first rendition looked like. Though I still love it.


This is one of those easy crafts that seemed like a great decorating idea, but now that I've done it, it feels rather pointless.

Oh well, it's not pointless if it makes me even the littlest bit happy, right? Right.

This blog has the easiest to follow tutorial. All you need is some fabric (I used maybe a quarter-yard for a 3.25-inch and 2.5-inch ball), small pins (I used applique pins), a styrofoam ball, some scissors, and something interesting to watch. It's not hard at all, it's just not a very quick process.


For now they're just hanging out on my dresser, reminding me to eat more veggies.

In other news, my attempt at air-dry porcelain is a fail. I followed these instructions, but after a week of the porcelain hanging out in its container while I cross my fingers for it to work, I still have this shape after forming a ball then walking away for 10 minutes:


Anyone got any solutions for this? I'm at a total loss, but I hate having this dough stuff and nothing to do with it. For the recipe, I used the glycerin from the Wilton cake aisle at Michael's, maybe that was the wrong stuff? But the only other option was a waxy form in the soaps. Hm. I'm at a total loss here. I'm just going to smile at my artichokes some more instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...