Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Cones.

Nothing like a teensy bit of last-minute holiday crafting. All of the cone variety. We're a bunch of coneheads over here. Complete with corny jokes. Anyway.

My neighbor brought a bunch of super large pinecones from South Carolina. Seriously. These guys were on steroids.



I'm not joking.



I used the glitter glue to make dots on one, used textured white spray paint on the second, and glitter spray paint on the third. All of which I had on hand. I love a free craft.

I decorated a bunch and stuffed them in with my Mum's other Christmas decor.



I then made two trees out of cardstock (which, admittedly, was much harder for me than it should have been) and made a twine and ruffle tree.

The twine tree was straightforward: hot glue and twine, wrapped all the way up.

The ruffle tree was made with this tutorial. It's actually wax paper. I first ironed three sheets of wax paper together on the lowest linen setting. I sandwiched the wax paper between some thin leftover fabric so as not to ruin the iron or the board.



I then cut the paper into 1-inch wide strips. Using scalloped scissors, 1.5-inch pieces were cut from the strips. I curled the edges of the pieces around a Sharpie (thin point - the best).



And then it was hot glue. All the way around and up.



Veronica was kind enough to take an unsolicited picture. I need to shower. To finish off the top, I cut a circle and kind of smashed it down. Check the tutorial linked above - Katie Bower has a good description of this.



How's that? Not bad for a totally free set of holiday cones, er, crafts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...