Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Pillow Pop.

I made another pillow, as this seems to be the trend.

I mentioned that I have two pillows from my original bedding set that were left out when I got my current duvet and shams. I've had ideas for them, with many thanks to Pinterest, but was at a loss for the time to take on such a project.

I am now proud to announce that I have finished one!


I like that it adds some variety to all of the pintucks up in here.


The pillow's a little wrinkly, but I'm blaming my roommate's rogue iron. And I should probably blame my lack of iron. But really, her iron spits water and makes weird gurkling and hissing noises- totally intimidating, and totally worth deserting when it took me long enough to sew straight lines across the pillow that I didn't want to mess up. So I don't know what to do about that. I'll probably try to take it in the shower with me and steam it off, only to cause more wrinkles. Eh.

I took my inspiration from here:



I'm just now realizing that those circles aren't buttons.

The pillow was super simple and quite standard - two pieces of fabric, sewn on three sides and a zipper on the fourth. I'm quite proud of the zipper. It was my first attempt, and though it's not perfect, it's hidden and serves its purpose. It was a lot of trial and error, reading the sewing manual, but in the end, this post helped out the most. The lines across were done by sight. I drew pencil lines (after measuring, of course), then played around with the spacing. The buttons were put on the in the same fashion - laying them out, moving them around, sewing on one or two, then redesigning them because I had messed up and forgot their original formation.

But all in all, I'm quite pleased, and just have one more pillow to do - I just have to get through cutting all of the pieces for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...