Thursday, September 8, 2011

FLOOD!

Tropical Storm Lee didn't want Natural Disaster Week to end without his participation.


This is the parking garage across the street - full of water. 


And this is the street outside my plan.


 

So my roomie and I walked past the cops and firemen to the top of the bridge.


This was the view to the right - water up and over the cars.


And this is the  view from the bridge. This is usually a very busy road.









Yup, that's a blow-up boat, rescuing people trapped in their SUV.









I'm all okay here, and so is the Vibe-ster. Fingers crossed for no more water overnight!

And if it's not raining tomorrow, I'll upload a picture of this in the daytime, when it's dry.

As promised, here's some perspective shots:


This is the area behind the hotel, where the boat was getting people from the car - and that's the top of said car. The background has a nice trash heap of debris, too.

Whew. Glad it all cleaned up in a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...