Friday, September 23, 2011

Fall Time = Cookie Time.

I used to think that I loved summer best, but I think I really love fall best. I love boots. I love fun colored tights. I love coats.

And, most importantly, I love fall treats. Pumpkin spice lattes. Apple pies. Apples. Pumpkin pie. Pumpkin cookie. Oatmeal no-bakes. Oatmeal apple raisin cookies. Pumpkin bread. And on football Sundays, taco dip. And this year, mum sent me another item to add to my list - canned peaches.

But first, to get my sisters in the spirit -

Fall-themed and woodland creature sugar cookies!

Moose moose moose. I altered his shaped a bit - I didn't trust his spindly legs would make it through the baking.

That's not to say that there weren't some casualties.

Om nom nom.

Sugar cookies - the package stuff. I didn't have the time or patience.

Icing - from here. Verdict - not my favorite. When I eat icing, I want to have a taste and then be overwhelmed with the feeling that I can't stop eating it. I could put this down way too easily. That's a fail in my book. Plus, the stove-top aspect of the icing was too much (but this is all in retrospect and knowing that I don't love it). It's good, it's just not great.

Sprinkles and black gel - from Ross. I love that place.

2 comments:

  1. So does that mean you need some Cheryl's to make up for the frosting?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh - Cheryl's mailers found me this weekend, with their cookie-of-the-month deals, and I was like, ohhhhh don't you tempt me!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...