Friday, July 1, 2011

Onesies.

I keep saying that I made onesies, but, in reality, I just embellished them. My cousin is having a baby girl, and one of my best friends is having a baby boy, both due in September. As clothes are something that babies can never have enough of, I thought I'd take a shot at making some of my own.

Disclaimer: these pictures are horrible. My apartment doesn't have overhead lighting. It's a very strange thing, but the result is dark pictures sans flash, or overexposed pictures with flash. C'est la vie.



It's difficult to see these baby girl ones, but there's one with a fabric bow, one with a fabric flower, one with a line of eyelet lace with ribbon bows on the shoulder, and the last with three rows of eyelet lace on the collar. 



The boys ones include one with a tie, one with a mustache, one with hockey sticks, and the last one with a throw to Harry Potter, because we're obsessed.

For the tie, I had ripped the seam out of one side. Then I just got lazy and unbuttoned the bottom and just deal with the tight turns, especially around the neck. I made a paper stencil for the tie, mustache, and hockey sticks, just redrawing until it looked about right. The 'Muggle Born' is made of iron-on letters. I was not about to try and sew around each of those individually.

I had bought two packs of 5 onesies, so I still have two more to each. I'm thinking maybe a bear shape? I don't know. I'm struggling with this last one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...