Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies.



My friend sent me a list of the top chocolate-chip cookie treats. This, quite possibly, could have been the culmination of two of my greatest loves: lists and sweets. I will say here that sweets is a bigger pull for me that chocolate chip cookies. I do quite enjoy them, I just do not crave chocolate chip cookies the way I crave sugar. Pure sugar.


Anyway.


I used my mum's tried and true chocolate chip cookie recipe to make some regular and Oreo stuffed cookies today. That being said, I did not alter the recipe at all for the Oreo versions. All that's done there is smashing cookie dough around an Oreo as best as possible. I meant to take pictures, but my hands were covered in the gooey dough.


Chocolate Chip Cookies


3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 sticks real butter (unsalted)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
24 oz chocolate chips


Cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar. (Hint: I soften the butter by putting it in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds.) In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking soda, and salt. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture and stir. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop by teaspoons onto a nonstick cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.






Do you see the size differential here?!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They may take a little while to appear, but they'll get here. Thanks!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...